The onset of November has brought with it a slight drop in temperatures, chilly drafts of wind and a good reason to wear scarves!
It might not be a gross exaggeration to say that there are hundreds of ways to wear a scarf. Style Aria scoured the internet and we picked out the chicest 10 ways to wear your scarf this season. Set twisting, knotting and braiding your scarf while at the same time giving your outfit a subtle edge.
So here goes!
1. The BT Standard (Also popularly known as the French Twist) – It’s easy to tie and will pretty up any outfit in under 3 minutes!
2. Knotted Necklace – Wrap the scarf behind your neck. Take one end and wrap it around your hand. Pull it through to make a loose knot. Take the other scarf end and pull it through the side knot, going under the knot loop and then over.
3. The Faux Knot – Much easier to tie than it looks, this is a style to definitely try this winter!
4. The Braided – This one requires a little bit of patience and practice before you can master it. Take a long scarf and put it behind your neck. Tie a loose half knot with the ends. Take the right end and cross it over the left then pull it under the scarf loop and over. Let it hang down and grab the left end (now on the right side) and cross it over the other end and pull it up and over. Repeat until the ends are too short to loop. Pull the braid to loosen it and then knot the short end pieces together.
5. The Barcelona – You’ll need a longer scarf or a stole for this look. But rest assured, it’s pretty easy to pull off!
6. The Turtleneck – Drape scarf over shoulder, with one end significantly longer than the other end. Loop the longer end around your neck three or four times in the same direction. Tie a simple overhand knot with both ends of the scarf, and then tie another overhand knot to get rid of most excess fabric. Fit the knot underneath the loop so that no excess fabric is showing.
7. The Infinity Loop – Here’s how you can create your own infinity scarf using a regular one!
8. The Twist – This twisted look is almost like a long scarf necklace.
9. The West Village – This simple knotted style looks so utterly chic!
10. The Gamechanger – This one is the simplest way! Tuck your scarf under a belt over a plain tee for a unique look.
How will you be wearing your favorite scarf this season? Leave us a comment below!