Straight from the runways of New York, London, Paris and Milan Fashion Weeks (Spring/Summer 2016), we bring you the top beauty trends for next year!
1. “70s tropical eyes” were created by makeup artist Lloyd Simmonds at Alexis Mabille in Paris. MAC Pro Paint Sticks in Hi-Def Cyan and Primary Yellow were applied in stripes, with a mixture of the two in the middle. The cheeks were a colourful affair, too, with a wash of blush high up on the cheekbones.
2. Tom Pecheux’s, “supermodel from the Nineties” for Moschino featured natural shades of lipstick, elegant cat eyes and dewy T zones.
3. Black kohl liner rimmed the models’ eyes at the Chloe show, lending the otherwise natural look some cool girl grunge vibes. The hair was all about natural texture and haphazard waves.
4. Kendall Jenner modelled the slick look at Balmain featuring high ponytails, bound with Balmain Hair extensions. Makeup was suitably pared-back but featured strong brows and contouring.
5. At Roberto Cavalli, Redken Global Creative Director Guido gave girls a “tomboyish 80s look” with a cool quiff. He explained, “I created a deep side part and then blow-dried the hair with Redken’s Guts 10 to create a slight peak in the front and long and straight in the back, so it’s a bit boy in the front and girl in the back.”
6. As ever, the beauty at Dolce&Gabbana was an elegant affair. The makeup look was about luminous skin, soft feline eyes and plump lips, which showcased the full range of new Dolce Matte Rosa Lipsticks. The messy updos were adorned with headscarves, headbands or opulent crows. Stunning.
7. Graphic grown-up pigtails by hairstylist Paul Hanlon and huge eyelashes reminiscent of the 60s were the main beauty feature at Marni.
8. “Gorgeous, sporty, girls,” explained MAC make-up artist Lucia Pieroni, who swiped MAC Pro Chromacake along the eyes in blues, greens, yellows and bright white for the Missoni show.
9. DSquared2 confirmed fashion’s obsession with wet-look locks, depicting “sexy surfer girls”. Layered up with L’Oreal products, hairstylist Sam McKnight ran a wide-tooth comb through the lengths to create grooves. The MAC makeup centred on dewy highlights with clear lipgloss applied to the lips and combed through the brows.
10. At Kristian Aadnevik, Antonio Corral Calero, Global Moroccanoil Ambassador, created these enchanting multi-braided hairstyles. The two braids at either side of the models head overlapped at the back and were secured by knotting the hair four times, with the ends left loosely hanging.
11. Over at Alberta Ferretti, Charlotte Tilbury said that she created, “dreamy, romantic hues of iridescent bronze, gold and pink to create a look of dreamy, ethereal beauties. I took inspiration from nature’s natural tones, glistening desert sunsets and the shimmering dual colours of beetles. Cricket like corner lashes were added to create different tribes of goddess like women”.
12. For Paul Smith, Stylist Tina Outen created this amazing twisted hairstyle armed with Bumble and bumble products. She split the hair into two equal sections and tonged the front section of the hair away from the face, brushed through to create a soft wave. Next she pulled both sections into ponytails just below the ears, twisted and criss-crossed the hair around in a figure of eight then pinned to secure.
13. Bushy “feral brows” trended at Christopher Kane where models showcased a raw and undone beauty look by NARS. It seems bold brows are going nowhere.
14. Lead makeup artist Gucci Westman gave girls at Marchesa dewy skin with the MAC Strobe Cream and SK11 Mid-Day Setting Spray. The main focus was on the lips, though – lined with MAC’s Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in the fuchsia shade More To Love and layered with a matte pink lipstick to suit each model. The hair was center parted and styled in a sleek, sophisticated chignon.
15. At Anna Sui, makeup legend and Covergirl Global Creative Director Pat McGrath set a trend for deep red lips in Spring. Well, why not? “Makeup is different now, you do what you want and you’re not dictated by seasons,” she said backstage. Gigi Hadid demonstrated this well. Her beach waves were adorned with Tahitian-inspired wreaths for the ultimate beauty look inspired by the tropics.
So get ready to sport natural waves, nude matte lips (or bright red ones!), and kohl lined feline eyes in the coming spring! Leave us your thoughts in the comments below.