These absolutely amazing (not to mention utterly genius) makeup hacks will make your lives much easier.
1. Turn a pencil eyeliner into a gel formula with the help of a match or lighter.
2. Tone down super-curly hair with a flatiron. If you have curly hair and want to create softer waves, slightly break down the curl with a flat iron, bending your wrist forward and backward as you move down your strands.
3. Skip the clear base coat. Use a coat of white nail polish instead of a base coat. This will make your nail color stand out more. It will still protect your nails from becoming stained by colored polishes.
4. Cover your eyelid with white liner to make any eyeshadow shade pop. To make a sheer or less pigmented eyeshadow appear more colorful on your eyelid, take a white eyeliner pencil and run it over your entire eyelid. The opaque consistency of the liner will intensify any eyeshadow shade and make it pop instantly against your skin.
5. Seamlessly switch up your part from side to middle in four simple steps. If you have a severe center part and want to wear a side part (or vice versa), first wet down the hair at your original part. Next, create the new part and wet it down (water is key to manipulate and knock out the hold of your previous part). Finally, to lock in your new part, hit it with heat from a blow-dryer.
6. Use a spoon to create the perfect winged liner. Holding the stem of a spoon against the outer corner of your eye, draw the straight line as the first step for your cat-eye. Then, flip the spoon so it’s hugging your eyelid, and use the rounded outer edge to create a perfectly curved winged effect.
7. Properly apply perfume for long lasting fragrance. Don’t spray yourself with perfume. You will smell like a perfume factory at first, then it will wear off and you won’t smell anything. Instead, apply it to your pulse points.
8. Draw a slanted hashtag at the outer corner of your eye, and then blend it for an instantly smokey effect.
9. Create chic, cool-girl bends by holding your curling wand horizontally instead of vertically. First, grab a small 1-inch section of hair. Then, starting at the mid-shaft of your hair, twist and wrap it over the barrel while holding the iron horizontally. Hold the hair in place for a few seconds, and then release for a loose wave. If you want tighter, more spirally curls, hold the wand vertically while you wrap the hair around it.
10. Make Lipstick Stay On Longer. This old trick really works. Put on a coat of lipstick, then lay a tissue across your lips. Dust translucent powder on to make the color set so it stays on longer.
11. Use that same winged eye spoon to avoid mascara marks on your upper eye lid. Hold the spoon so it’s hugging your eyelid, and then apply your mascara like you normally would. As you sweep the mascara wand against your lashes and back of the spoon, watch as the residue coats the back of the utensil rather than your skin.
12. Don’t throw away your broken eye shadows. Instead, turn them into lip gloss. Crush the eye shadow into powder, then mix with Vaseline petroleum jelly to make any color lip gloss you like.
13. Create natural contouring the expert way. It can be difficult to figure out where to put blush or bronzer for contouring. The easy way is to use your eyeliner pencil, or even a makeup brush handle. Place the straight edge directly below your cheekbone to get the right angle.
14. Create a perfect cupid’s bow lip. Use your lip liner (same shade as your lipstick) to draw an “X” on your upper lip. Apply your lipstick, using the “X” as a guide. You will have the perfect pout.
15. Avoid getting lipstick on your teeth with this simple trick. After applying your lipstick, put your finger in your mouth. Close your lips around your finger, then pull your finger out. The excess lipstick will get on your finger, and not on your teeth.
Leave us your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!