Hair fall is one scary health issue that all of us deal with at some point in our lives. There can be several factors behind hair loss such as environmental effects, aging, too much stress, excessive smoking, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, genetic factors, scalp infections, use of wrong or chemically enriched hair products, certain medicines and medical conditions like thyroid disorder, autoimmune diseases, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), iron-deficiency anemia, and chronic illnesses.
There are about 100,000 strands of hair on your scalp and it is considered very normal to lose 50 to 100 strands a day. But when you start losing more than that, it’s time for you to take some action so it doesn’t progress to baldness or bald spots. Many readily available ingredients can be used to treat hair loss at home.
1. One among effective ways is using fenugreek / methi for hair loss. Seeds of fenugreek consist of rich hormone antecedents that help in hair growth and repairs hair follicles. These also consist of nicotinic acid and proteins strengthen the hair growth. How to use fenugreek seeds for hair? Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind it in the next morning to fine paste. Apply this fenugreek seed paste to hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse off the hair. Follow it for month to see best results.
2. Pure aloe gel or aloe juice can be applied directly to the scalp. This can treat hair loss, which is caused due to dry or infected scalp. After massaging the scalp with juice or gel, wait for a few hours and wash it away with lukewarm water. Use of aloe vera with triphala powder for 3-6 months also treats hair loss.
3. Neem is a plant, which is ornamented with all the essential qualities. It is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-diabetic, sedative, and antiseptic in nature. It is not only useful in diseases but is also an excellent home remedy for hair loss. Boil leaves of neem in water until the water remains half. Let it cool and wash your hair once in a week with this water.
4. Boil some dried amla in coconut oil till the oil gets black. Massaging the scalp with this oil will prove to be very effective. Amla can also be used alternatively by making its paste with shikakai. Apply the thick paste and wash it after a few minutes. Avoid shikakai if you have dry hair.
5. Both onion and garlic are a rich source of sulphur, and they help in the growth of hair. To apply onion, you need to chop it finely and extract out the juice. Massage the scalp well with this juice and wash off with a mild shampoo. Onion can also be used with honey as a hair mask. Garlic can be applied on the scalp by boiling it with coconut oil. Massage the scalp with this potion, two to three times a week, for best results.
6. Licorice root is another herb that prevents hair loss and further damage to the hair. The mollifying properties of licorice roots open the pores, soothe the scalp and help get rid of irritations like dry flakes. This remedy is good for dandruff, hair loss and baldness. Add one tablespoon of ground licorice root to one cup milk with a quarter teaspoon saffron. Mix it thoroughly. Apply the paste on bald patches at bedtime and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash your hair. Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
7. The safest step that you can take to reduce hair loss is to massage your scalp with appropriate hair oil. Proper hair and scalp massage will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp, and enhance the strength of your hair’s roots. It will also promote relaxation and reduce feelings of stress. You can use hair oils like coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil, or others. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the base oil for better and faster results. Other types of oil that you can use are emu oil, argan oil, and wheat germ oil.
Try these out, but only if you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients involved. Leave us your thoughts in the comments section below!