Planning a big Indian destination wedding anytime soon?? We at Style Aria have taken the liberty and rounded up 18 of the most visually breathtaking places (and some of them even affordable!) in the country to tie the knot! Read on to find the perfect fit for you and your intended!
1. Fortune Savoy, Mussourie: 2500 metres above sea level, on the spectacular Gharwal hills of Mussoorie, sits the uber romantic and historic Fortune Savoy hotel. The regal history of the hotel beckons you to come and enjoy the time away from the steady and fast city life. With its spectacular climate and enchanting view, the hotel has proven to be the perfect wedding destination for couples from all over the country.
2. Neemrana Fort Palace, Alwar: Built in 1464, the historical palace was evolved and transformed into this majestic beautiful hotel we see today. With its rich heritage and historical architecture, the Neemrana Fort Palace attracts couples from all over to celebrate their blessed day amongst its beauty and charm. We Love!
3. Palace Grounds, Bangalore: Mistaken by many to be a replica of the Windsor Castle in England (which it is not!). The grounds of the Bangalore Palace have proven to be the go to place for many couples tying the knot around the country.
4. Pachewar Garh Fort, Near Jaipur: A serene, well-kept fort with its intricate interior details, spacious rooms, and scrumptious Rajasthani cuisine, the Pachewar Garh Fort charms people to honor their wedding bond and cherish their memories amidst its rich Indian heritage and cultural surroundings. This quaint hotel is perfect for a rustic themed wedding!
5. Siolim Village, Goa (stay at the Siolim boutique resort): Along with its pristine beaches, the quintessential and coastal state of Goa is increasingly becoming one of the go to places for destination weddings. Be it classy beach weddings or intimate ones in a quaint little church, Goa has it all. Siolim Village, known for the infamous Sao Jaon festival and its old age charm and culture is one of our favorite picks. Stay at the Siolim Boutique Resort and indulge in the rich Portuguese tradition and exotic Goan cuisine!
6. Sainik Farms, New Delhi: Big Indian wedding?? That’s pretty much how the Delhiites do it, and Sainik Farms is where you need to be if you want it that big too! It’s definitely the place to go if your life philosophy is “got it, flaunt it”.
7. The Manor, Friends Colony, New Delhi: Located in the luscious region of friends colony in the nation’s capital, The Manor was started up as a small country hotel for tourists and visitors to feel comfortable and familiar in a strange city. So all you brides, head to this luxurious and enchanting hotel and enjoy quality bonding time with your better half and relatives! Rest assured, you can have yourself a merry little wedding extravaganza here!
8. Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund (near Delhi): Just a short drive from the main city, contemporary architecture and luxurious spaces is what awaits you at the Taj Vivanta. With its elegant and modern interiors, along with its delectable restaurants, the hotel promises a once in a lifetime opportunity and experience for all you to-be-weds out there!
9. Havelock Islands, Andaman and Nicobar: Come wedding season, this island of 5,300 something sees newlyweds and to-be weds flock like gulls to the sea. If you are among the latter, elope or do it the traditional way. We suggest keep it intimate, at one of the best and most secluded beaches in South Asia.
Our best picks – Silver Sand Beach Resort
Vijay Nagar, Havelock Island,
10. Rawla Narlai (heritage fort hotel near Jaipur), Rajasthan: This fortress turned heritage resort is not only the very definition of exotic but also oozes old world charm, perfect for a wedding inspired by the royalty and eminence of the 17th century aristocracy of India.
11. Cruise Wedding: Reasons to get married at sea? One, in-house nuptial packages that come with a planner, decorator.. in other words your BFF. Two, avoid potential bridezilla moments. Three, all it takes is a phone call and all you have to do is show up. Four, does a girl really need a reason to get married at sea? Our best pick – Goa’s Paradise Cruises.
12. Jag Mandir Island Palace, Udaipur: Often referred to as ‘Swarg ki Vatika’ or Garden of Heaven, this palace is not only picturesque and ideal for the perfect wedding but also played a monumental role in the inspiration behind the Taj Mahal. Need we say more?
13. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur: If decadence and grandeur is your style and all that is synonymous with regal and splendour, we say you look no further than the The Oberoi Udaivilas. It is named one of the most expensive wedding destinations (it’s where all the big celebrity nuptials happen!), and with good reason, hence you want to do this once and you want to be pretty damn sure!
14. Lavasa, Maharashtra: Being India’s first planned city and a man-made hill station, nature lovers of the west of the country looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, flock to Lavasa during ‘the’ season for the perfect urbane yet romantic fairytale wedding.
Our best picks – Fortune Select Dasve
Ekaant – The Retreat
Dasvino Town & Country Club
15. Luxury resort in the backwaters of Kerala: The Big Fat Indian Wedding was never a phrase used to describe a destination wedding in Kerala. Serenity, tranquility, spirituality and picture perfect beauty is what you sign up for if you chose to commence your nuptial journey in the backwaters of the place God calls his own.
Our best picks – The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort and Spa
Vivanta by Taj
Vasundhara Sarovar Premiere
16. Mandu (Madhya Pradesh): Mandu, ruined city in Madhya Pradesh is associated with the love story of last Sultan of erst-while state of Malwa, Baz Bahadur and his beautiful consort Roopmati. Set amidst Satpura mountains this place boasts of exquisite palaces, ornamental baths and pavilions to lure your guests into its old-world romantic charm.
Nothing can get better than tying knot in the beautiful ranges rich with romance, in presence of your loved ones.
17. Alibaug: Closer home, an attractive alternative to hiring banquets and dining halls or hiring palatial hotels, is Alibaug. A mere 2 hour drive from Mumbai will take you to stunning beaches of Alibaug. You can have your much dreamed of beach wedding here. The preparations would be a lot easier to make as it is easy to hire bungalows here and also due to proximity to Mumbai, if you are a Mumbaikar. Our best pick – Radisson Blu Resort and Spa.
18. Shimla: Set amongst the cool pine clad hills with numerous collapsing colonial enamors, Shimla is considered to be one of the popular wedding destinations in India. Peaceful environment, pleasant climate, snowy hills, breathtaking scenery and natural beauty will simply make your wedding day memorable forever. Shimla tempts one who extremely loves to enjoy amidst mountains and fantasize of having a romantic wedding in the Himalayas. There are many resorts in Shimla that arrange grand wedding ceremonies. Our best pick – Woodville Palace Hotel.