The weekend, for some of us, means all-night “partayy-ing” and stuffing ourselves with more alcohol than food. Sunday mornings, however, are a different story altogether. Most boozers will be walking around like zombies, nursing killer hangovers. After the awesome parties, nobody wants to deal with the witch of a nausea that usually hits after some crazy nights. Style Aria has put together the ultimate guide to overthrowing after-party nausea/ fatigue and hangovers.
1. Re-hydrate – Alcohol drains our bodies of hydration, leaving us feeling dry-mouthed and sick. The morning after the party, make sure you drink lots and lots of water.
Fresh coconut water and hot water with lemon and honey works too! Lemons replenish the vitamins you need and honey helps balance your blood sugar levels, which may have fluctuated due to alcohol consumption.
2. Munch On Crackers or Toast – These foods alleviate nausea and help your body soak up the alcohol in your system. Avoid foods that are spicy or oily, as they will just increase the feeling of nausea and are difficult for the body to digest.
3. Drink Ginger Tea – Ginger helps relieve nausea due to hangovers and motion sickness. To make ginger tea, cut up ginger root and boil it in water. You can add a pinch of green tea leaves for extra flavor.
4. Sleep – While alcohol does put us to sleep, it’s not necessarily a peaceful one! The best way to ride out the morning after headache is to just go back to sleep. A few hours of quality sleep will definitely make you feel better when you wake up.
5. Minimize The Caffeine – Many people drink coffee in order to “wake up” from a hangover, but the caffeine will only make matters worse by further dehydrating you.
6. Light Exercise – The endorphin’s released during exercise can help improve your mood, which is important if you are feeling anxious as a result of being hungover. Exercise also speeds up the the process of metabolizing the alcohol, helping it leave your system faster. But take care to keep it light and hydrate plenty both before and after you exercise.
In order to reduce the bloat in your face and around the eyes, take some cold rose water on a cotton and wipe your face thoroughly with it. Keep two cold slices of potato on your eyelids and rest for about 15 minutes.
Try out these wonder cures and tell us in the comments how they worked for you!