With the excitement from last week’s Lakmé Fashion Week finally returning to the ground, we rounded up the 6 beauty trends that took the Summer/Resort 2015 runways by storm. These are the ones to stick to this season, experts swear!
1. Dewy Matte Faces – The no-make-up look continues to reign this season, this time with a play on textures. Matte faces had an ethereal glow, a classic trick of the correct highlighter that gave the models dewy-finished skin. Most designers stuck to neutrals, and for some, the cheeks radiated a very natural post-workout flush. Here’s a step by step guide to getting the perfect dewy matte look!
- Apply foundation in a color that’s the closest match to your skin tone.
- Apply concealer to cover any discoloration or shadows on the skin.
- Using a flat-topped, full circular brush in circular motions, buff the foundation to get a well polished look.
- Dab the center of the face using M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in a shade that matches your skin tone for a natural satin finish.
- For a natural flush on the cheeks, use a cream blush in warm peach on the apple of the cheeks.
- Then, use a cream color base on the eyelid in a natural shade, and lightly powder it. Bobbi Brown’s malted shade of Long-Wear Cream Shadow works well as a natural base colour on Indian skin.
- Curl the lashes and apply some mascara to define the lashes.
- Groom the brows with an eyebrow pencil in a shade that exactly compliments your natural hair.
2. Sculpted Lips – Chiseled, sharp shaped lips were created by Lakmé make-up expert Natasha Nischole and her team of artists. This trend was not only spotted on the runway at Anamika Khanna’s show, but was also a favorite for front row celebrities like Deepika Padukone, who sported perfectly sculpted, deep burgundy lips, while watching Sabyasachi’s opening show.
3. Matte Nude Pouts – Velvety nudes in peaches and soft creams were a hit on and off the runway–at shows like Manish Malhotra and on front-rowers like Neha Dhupia.
4. Deep Darks on the Lips – On one hand there were nudes, on the other, deep, dark burgundys, plums, reds and the color of the year, Marsala at Tarun Tahiliani and Anamika Khanna.
5. Big Lashes – Mascara was layered, multiple times on the lashes, to give the models a beaming face.
6. Structured Updo’s and Center Parts – Elegant updos—twisted, pinned and knotted—were seen at Krishna Mehta’s show among others. The middle-part, seen at Huemn, Sabyasachi and others, rules this summer – for ponytails, straight hair, top knots – it’s the way to go for that perfect summer do.
Leave a comment below and tell us which of these summer beauty trends are you going to give a try!
Image courtesy – Vogue.in