A flat tummy is an elusive dream, especially for us Indians who thrive on mouthwatering things like aloo paranthas (with an extra large blob of butter on top!), kadhi chawal and butter chicken. With all the amazing (not to mention fattening) food our mothers feed us lovingly with generous helpings of ghee, it’s really no wonder we can’t maintain flat tummies for long.
But don’t worry folks, we have here a list of 20 super-foods, regular consumption of which will bust that unwanted belly flab right away!
1. Lemon – Make it a habit to start your day with a glass of warm lemon water with a teaspoon honey mixed in it. Lemon consumption will cut through flab in no time and you’ll notice the difference within a week.
2. Green Tea – Green tea is a powerful metabolism stimulator. Drinking it frequently can help to accelerate weight loss.
3. Olive Oil – Cooking all your food in extra-virgin olive oil is a great idea for those trying to lose weight. It contains monounsaturated fat that burns calories and fat build up in the arteries. Bonus: This magical oil also helps lower cholesterol levels.
4. Chicken – White meats are lean meats and those are the kind of proteins your body needs while burning fat. Grilled or roasted chicken is a great option for wholesome healthy meals.
5. Cucumber – Cucumber is a healthy crunchy snack to munch on in between meals, that leaves you feeling light yet satisfied.
6. Cereals/Oats – Cereal and skimmed milk make an ideal breakfast. Oats, bran and wheat flakes are yummy options to kickstart your day with.
7. Legumes – Legumes are typically low in fat, contain no cholesterol, and are high in folate, potassium, iron and magnesium. If you’re trying to lose weight, the fibre helps give legumes a one-two punch. First it helps you feel full faster. Then, the blood sugar effect helps stave off hunger for longer.
8. Low Fat Yogurt – Yogurt is loaded with vitamins and can help you recover faster after a workout. Yogurt is very high in calcium and B vitamins. It’s also a protein superstar— 3/4 cup delivers nine grams.
9. Dark Chocolate – Did you know that dark chocolate has anti-oxidants that are good for you and boost metabolism? It’s true, get a slab today!
10. Pears – Pears are one of the highest fiber fruits and contain a fair amount of vitamins C, K, B2, B3, and B6.
11. Salmon – The fish is high in Omega-3 fatty acids which are good for the heart and reduce the risk of stroke. Also, great for building muscle and burning calories!
12. Eggs – Studies show that people who start their day with an egg taken in breakfast tend to consume lesser calories throughout the day because it’s fuller and you eat less during the entire day.
13. Leafy Greens – Greens like spinach, kale, cabbage and lettuce are a powerful source of potassium and magnesium as well as folate, all of which can keep blood pressure low, reducing the risk of stroke.
14. Almonds – Almonds provide the healthy fats and energy that is necessary for healthy weight loss. Also, they serve as great munchies to curb those midday hunger pangs.
15. Apples – This fruit is so rich in dietary fibres that one good sized apple can replace a meal even, and will leave you full.
16. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are naturally low in sodium, saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories. Added benefit – they’re great for the skin!
17. Mushroom – Lack of vitamin D has been associated with higher levels of belly fat. Mushrooms work like magic on belly fat because they are a natural source of Vitamin D.
18. Soybean – Soybeans are a super belly fat fighter. Soybeans help thwart the accumulation of fats and change fats into energy. Because soybeans are easy to digest they help flush pesky belly fat.
19. Walnuts – Walnuts contain a hefty amount of Omega 3 fatty acids that help the body burn fat. Be sure to avoid salted walnuts- eat them all-natural instead.
20. Bananas – Bananas are often considered fattening when only the opposite is true! They are full of fibre and antioxidants and help stimulate metabolism. Bananas in the breakfast will make you feel fuller and you will eat less the rest of the day.
Leave us a comment below and tell us what you think!